Chenin blanc wines
- 12% ABV750 mlsimonsig chenin blancKES 2,900
- 13% ABV750 mlfrance hoek chenin blancKES 2,500
- 12% ABV750 mlculemborg chenin blancKES 2,300
- 13% ABV750 mlboschendal sommelier chenin blancKES 3,800
- 12% ABV750 mlPorcupine Ridge Chenin blancKES 3,150
- 13% ABV750 mlThe pavillion chenin blancKES 2,300
- 14% ABV750 mlbellingham chenin blancKES 2,500
- 13% ABV750 mlboschendal pavilion chenin blancKES 3,500
- 13% ABV750 mlDeetlefs Chenin blancKES 2,650
- 13% ABV750 mlStellenbosch Vineyards Bushvine Chenin BlancKES 1,999
- 12% ABV1.5 litreKleine rust chenin blancKES 2,280
- 13% ABV750 mlNiel Joubert Chenin BlancKES 1,499
- 12% ABV750 mlKen Forrester Petit Semi SweetKES 2,100
- 14% ABV750 mlLutzville Chenin BlancKES 1,900
- 12% ABV750 mlNeethlingshof Chenin BlancKES 3,100
- 13% ABV750 mlPear Tree White Chenin Blanc ViognierKES 1,750
- 13% ABV750 mlStonewalker Chenin BlancKES 2,350
- 13% ABV750 mlRobertson Winery Chenin BlancKES 2,345
- 13% ABV750 mlCape Vinelands Chenin BlancKES 2,399
- 13% ABV750 mlWelmoed Chenin BlancKES 1,549
- 14% ABV750 mlDry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin BlancKES 3,100
- 13% ABV750 mlPerdeberg Chenin BlancKES 2,350
- 12% ABV750 mlPainted Wolf The Den Chenin BlancKES 1,950
- 14% ABV750 mlThe Bernard Series Chenin BlancKES 4,400
- 13% ABV750 mlZevenwacht Chenin BlancKES 3,900
- 12% ABV750 mlTall Horse Chenin BlancKES 1,750
- 12% ABV750 mlFootprint Chenin Blanc SemilionKES 1,900
- 14% ABV750 mlPerdeberg Endura Single Vineyard Chenin BlancKES 6,600
- 12% ABV750 mlVondeling Chenin BlancKES 1,550
- 12% ABV750 mlVan Loveren Chenin BlancKES 2,100
- 13% ABV750 mlCederberg Chenin BlancKES 2,750
- 12% ABV750 mlCape Dream Chenin BlancKES 2,600
- 14% ABV750 mlReleaf Chenin BlancKES 2,350
- 13% ABV750 mlKumusha Chenin BlancKES 3,300
- 13% ABV750 mlKwv The Mentors Chenin BlancKES 4,980
Wines in Kenya
Wine remains to be the most popular drink across the world. There are many types of wines in Kenya leading to a wide array of wines ranging from good cheap wines to expensive wines in Kenya. Wines have become an important part of our religious, social, and cultural life. Today, we not only take wine with almost all the food pairings but we gift our friends and family. There are three types of wines based on their color which include white wines, red whites, and rose’.
Wine is basically an alcoholic drink that is produced from fermented grapes. The grapes used to make wine are exceptionally smaller in size, sweeter, have thick skins, and contain seeds. Commercial wine companies use more than 1,300 types of wine grapes in the production of different types of wine. The types of grapes, yeast, and fermentation process results in different styles of wine largely known as wine folly. These styles can include still wins, sparkling wines, fortified wines, and aromatized wines.
Wines can further be classified as sweet, dry, and oaky, bitter, off-dry, acidic, bold, or smooth. These classifications are largely based on how the wine tastes in one’s mouth.
Although wines are produced in many parts of the world, France, Spain, and Italy remain the largest producers of wine. They are famous for the best quality wines in the world, and most popular wine types of wine. South African Wines are also gaining popularity in Kenya and across the world. Wines get their color from the grape skins
Types of Wine in Kenya and their prices.
Wines can be classified into five major categories.
· Red Wine
· White Wine
· Rose Wine
· Sparkling Wine
All the types of wines in the world fit in at least one of the categories. Some wines can fit in two of the categories. For instance, there are red sparkling wines, white sparkling wine, and sparkling champagnes.
Wine Classifications based on Grape Varieties
Red Wine Types
Syrah/Shiraz – plum and chocolate, full-bodied, dry, blueberry flavors
Cabernet Sauvignon – full bodied, flavors, dry, black currant, and black cherry.
Pinot Noir – light-to medium bodied, fruit and berry flavors, and off-dry
Merlot- Medium-to full-bodied
Zinfandel- Fruit flavors and berry, off-dry, high alcohol, medium-to-full-body
Malbec – Dry, full-bodied, chocolate, flavors of dark fruit
Types of white wine
Sauvignon Blanc – has green fresh fruity flavors, off-dry, acidic, and light-to-medium bodied.
Chardonnay – citrus, flavors of apple, dry, medium bodied, and tropical fruit flavors.
Pinot Grigio/Gris – light to medium –bodied, light fruit flavors, citrus, off-dry.
Riesling – fruity flavors of lime and apple, off-dry to white, light bodied.
Moscato (Muscat) – juicy fruity flavor, sweet, light-bodied.
Rose’ wines are produced from black/red grapes. However, these grapes are lighter in color compared to red wine because the skins are only left to macerate in the grape juice for some time. There are many different types of Rose wine. Types of Rose’ wine can vary just as much white and red wines, from sweet and dry, and are made from all different types of grapes.
The difference between sparkling wine and other types of fine is the bubbles. The bubbles result from the carbon dioxide that gets trapped in the wine during the second part of the fermentation process. The grapes can range from different types of grapes.
Wine Delivery Nairobi
LiquorStream is the most trusted online wine shop in Kenya. We have all wine categories including white wine, red wine, sparkling wines, champagnes, and Rose’ wine. We have wines from all parts of the word including Germany, Italy, Chile, Spain, and South Africa. We are the best online liquor store in Kenya selling and delivering all alcoholic drinks within Nairobi. Our drinks delivery services are free and fast. Whether you are searching for the best red sweet wines in Kenya or the best wines for ladies, we got it all.